Friday, December 19, 2008

First Week of Research

This has been a very slow week. I've been working on writing a research proposal for my research year, which will be next year. I want to do a project on developing a screening tool that predicts which patients are at highest risk for developing post-operative delirium. If my PI goes for it, I'm also going to apply for a geriatrics research fellowship. It's only for three months, but hey, money is money. Fortunately my PI can afford to pay me even if I don't get it. A lot of people in the research group are out of town, including the person I need to talk with, so I have a lot of free time. I think I've watched about half a dozen movies this week, which is probably more than I've watched during the rest of the whole year put together!

It's snowing like crazy right now. Someone told me that this is going to be a bad winter, and so far, it looks like they're right.

No comments: