Saturday, February 03, 2007

FAQ #25: What's the Deal with Second Look Weekend?

It's getting to be time for second look. I hope that all of you who were accepted for next year can come. We had a lot of fun last year, and if you're struggling with deciding where to go to med school, second look will give you a chance to meet your potential future classmates and learn more about the CCLCM program. I've been asked several questions about second look, so I am going to address them in this one post.

1) Can people who are on hold come to second look?
Unfortunately, no. If you haven't been accepted by the end of March, which is when second look is held, you will not be able to come.

2) Does CCLCM cover my expenses?
Maybe, depending on where you are traveling from. We got $200 toward travel expenses last year, plus free room and board. But if you're coming from CA or somewhere else really far away, you may have to pay for part of your airplane ticket.

3) What if I can't come that weekend but I want to revisit?
Call the admissions office and talk to them about making arrangements to come another time. I'm not sure how that would work, but they'd be able to tell you what to do.

4) What do you do at second look?
You'll learn more about the program, meet with current students and faculty, eat a lot of good (and free!) food, and see more of Cleveland. Riding Lolley the Trolley is an experience that no one should be denied. ;-) You'll also get a chance to ask questions about the school to the faculty and current students.

I hope this info helps. If you guys have any more questions about second look, feel free to leave me a comment or PM me on SDN.

No comments: