Monday, February 05, 2007

Neuroanatomy and PBL

Today's anatomy lab was pretty disappointing. It definitely was not up to par as far as anatomy lab usually goes. Basically, Dr. Drake had us in groups of six looking at preserved specimens of brains and spinal cords with neuroanatomy atlases for part of the time. I don't feel like I got very much out of that. One single spinal cord isn't enough for six people to all get a good look. We also had a classroom lecture portion, which was better. But I hadn't gotten that far in the reading, so it was kind of hard to follow the parts that I hadn't seen yet.

Our new PBL case is awesome though. There are actually two cases, which does make things more hectic. But we came up with several good learning objectives, and this case is a lot more interesting than the ones that we've gotten the past few weeks. My learning objective is about vitamin B deficiencies.

I don't have anything I need to do this afternoon, so I'm going home early. It's really freezing cold here. The high for today was 5 F, with a windchill of -19 F.

No comments: