Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Too Many Tumors

Yesterday's seminars were both about tumors of the female reproductive tract. Today's were about tumors of the pituitary and adrenal glands. Our PBL case patient has tumors too. It's nice to know that people can get tumors of parts of the body that I didn't even know existed a year ago. On a happier note, most of these malignant endocrine tumors are fairly rare.

Today's FCM session was on motivational health promotion. My small group preceptor still wasn't back, but we had a sub this time, so I didn't luck out like last week. She started out by asking us how we were liking the class. I suggested that we just answer the questions we were supposed to answer and not discuss how we felt about the class. Luckily she didn't push the issue too much. As far as I'm concerned, it's irrelevant whether we like the class, because attending FCM is mandatory. We're all feeling tired, cranky, stressed, overworked, and ready for winter break. Take it for granted that every person in the room would rather be doing something else, and let's just get on with it. I don't want to even think about how lousy I feel right now, let alone have a whole gripe session about it.

The weather is bad today, so several of my patients didn't show up to clinic. I only wound up seeing two people. Of course, the ones who didn't show up were the 1:oo people, while naturally both of the 4:00 people came. We gave some flu shots and did some follow-ups, but all in all it wasn't a terribly exciting clinic day. I was sitting down while my preceptor talked to the last person, and it was tough for me to keep my eyes open. The room was kind of warm, and I was definitely doing that head jerk thing, so I decided that I'd better get up before I embarrassed myself.

No comments: