Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Male Gonads, Spermatogenesis, and PBL

We had two seminars this morning. The first one was about the physiology of the male gonads, and the guy who was leading it was awesome. He was a urologist with a really wacky sense of humor, and throughout his presentation he had slides with rather colorful humor on them. It was fun. The second part on spermatogenesis wasn't nearly as entertaining, but I'm not sure how objective I can be. The first guy was a tough act to follow.

We're still doing the case about the patient with the small testicles. It turns out we were right about why he's having this problem, and it's not a very interesting reason. What IS interesting though is learning about all the things that can go wrong with male anatomy and physiology. Well, it's interesting and a little disturbing too.

Tomorrow is a day from hell for me. I have to turn in the first two competency essays for my portfolio and the entire protocol for my clinical research class. Then I have a dinner meeting in the evening. I will be so happy when this week is over....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how is faculy accessibility at the clinic? have you been able to meet dr. bruce lyttle or the ceo Delos Cosgrove? if so, what were your thoughts on their personalities and/or willingness to help students in the program

CCLCM Student said...

Faculty accessibility is one of the greatest strengths of this program. There aren't very many of us, and they know who we are. You can't hide here, that's for sure. One of the weirdest things (and I mean weird in a good way) about this school is that there are way more of them (faculty) than there are of us (students). So if anything, THEY are fighting over US, not the other way around. It's very easy to get research and shadowing opportunities. Keep in mind too that we also have access to the entire Case SOM faculty along with the CCF faculty.

No, I haven't personally met either of the people you mentioned. But I haven't ever tried to meet them, so I don't know how hard or easy it would be to do.