Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fourth Day of Medical School

We didn't have any class today, so I was able to sleep in an extra hour before I had to get up to go to the lab. No one was there when I got in, so I went and "studied" for a while (by which I mean that I fooled around with my computer for an hour, and spent about 20 minutes actually reading my textbook). When I got back, the lab people were all there. I basically spent the rest of the day searching for procedures for my project. I found one that I thought was pretty good and showed it to my preceptor. We discussed it and decided that I should meet with another researcher for some more help tomorrow after class. So that's another day with no research accomplished, but I did have some excellent Chinese food for lunch.

In the afternoon, I had to go meet with my PA, but it was just a brief chat. She basically wanted to know how things were going so far, and how my classes were, that kind of thing. Also, she reminded me again that if I needed to talk about anything that I could call her. I was telling her about our crazy PSS on Monday, and some of the other funny things that happened this week. I can't say that I feel terribly stressed though, at least not yet! But I do have a few more pages to read for tomorrow, so I need to go do that.

No comments: