Monday, October 13, 2008

General Medicine Service

I came in this morning to be pleasantly surprised that I already know my senior resident. Last year, she worked with my longitudinal preceptor in the outpatient clinic sometimes, and that is where I met her. My new intern used to be a pharmacist before he went to med school, which is pretty cool. I am only working with the two of them for this week, because the residents change rotations on Monday of next week.

My new attending holds sit-down rounds instead of going room to room. Then he goes to see the patients on his own afterward, leaving us to do whatever scut needs to be done before the noon conference. I like this system a lot better than when we all had to go on bedside rounds with the attending! The team discussed all of the patients, and then my senior and intern, who were post-call, went home. I had gotten yesterday off, so I didn't get to go home. But there wasn't much to do this afternoon with all the team gone, so I had plenty of time to read. All in all, not too bad for a first day.

No comments: