Thursday, July 31, 2008

First Rotation Done

Today was my last day of Family Medicine. I can't believe how fast these three weeks have gone by. I went around to thank all of the doctors and staff and to say good-bye, and they were amazed at how fast the time went too. I am going to come back this winter for a physical, though. It turns out that the Cleveland Clinic doctors are on the new Student Health plan that we have through Case this year. (This is the third insurance company that I've had since starting medical school, which is a whole other nuisance, but I won't get into that now.)

Tomorrow we have didactics. I'll be presenting one of my patients for the IM/FM morning report, and the group will be going over the differential diagnosis for headaches. I chose this patient to present because we haven't gone over the differential for headaches yet, and I thought her case had some interesting psychosocial issues that could be contributing to the problem. After that we will have a clinical seminar about chest pain, and I have the POD research class (I still can't get used to calling it ARM) in the afternoon. So it's going to be a long day, because the third year POD/ARM class is three hours long and we have a class meeting after that. Yikes. 7AM to 5PM with an hour off for lunch is a lot of time to spend in the classroom. At a school like CCLCM, a full day of classes ought to just about qualify as treason. I mean, one of the reasons that I came to this school was so that I wouldn't have to spend all day in classes!

No comments: