Friday, July 11, 2008

Bridge Week Day 4

Today was the last day of Bridge Week. We had to come in at 7:30 AM to take a practice Step 2 test for five hours. Taking a practice Step 2 test a week and a half after I took Step 1 (and before I have even done a single rotation!) did not exactly thrill me, but I have to admit that I was curious about what the questions would be like. That's why I stayed the entire five hours and tried to do my best to answer the questions, even though the temptation to mark them all with "As" did cross my mind a few times. I was surprised to find that the test was remarkably doable. I knew the answers to quite a few questions. I'm not saying that I passed necessarily (we'll find out in a couple of months), but I don't think I totally embarrassed myself, either. We have to take three more of these exams: one after Core I, one after Core II, and then one more that we schedule on our own with the administration staff.

In the afternoon, I ordered some books for my rotations, and I registered for two of the electives that I'll be doing at CCF this winter. It turns out that we are allowed to do some of the advanced core rotations with only Core I as a pre-req after all. So I will be doing my geriatrics core rotation this winter. I wasn't expecting to be able to get it done before I take Step 2 for real, so this is a welcome surprise.

No comments: