Friday, May 09, 2008

Acids, Bases, and ARBs

We only have two more weeks of school left now. The time is really flying by. This week's theme was a whole hodgepodge of things: acute renal failure, renal clearance, electrolyte and acid base disorders. Wednesday was acid-base disorder day, and today we had a hypertension pharmacology seminar. They were both great seminars. I know I went on and on about how awesome the renal block was last year, and I am happy to say that this excellence has continued this year. Most of the renal seminars are in small groups of eight, and most of them are very interactive with good cases. I feel like I'm really getting a lot out of them. The other good thing is that since we have such a light schedule now, I even have time to do all of the reading for class along with spending a few hours each day studying for Step 1. Right now I am studying path and embryology. Embryo is not a very high-yield subject for Step 1, but I suck at it. Embryo and anatomy have been my worst subjects on all of my practice tests so far, so those are the subjects that I'm reviewing first. I'll need to go over them again at the end probably.

No comments: