Monday, September 10, 2007

Clinical Research Talks

It was really nice not having class this morning, but I still got up early so that I could spend some time rehearsing my talk a few more times. This is the last week of the block--not that I'm counting or anything! Like last year, we each are giving a ten-minute presentation about our summer research protocol, followed by five minutes of questions from the audience. My talk was today. The other two thirds of my classmates will go tomorrow and Wednesday afternoons.

Now that I've given my presentation, I would be completely done with school for this block except that I still have to write about a hundred evaluations. (I'm exaggerating, but only very slightly!) I also have to finish my second stats project for credit and wrap up a few other small odds and ends. It turns out that we ARE going to be getting an additional epi assignment. I got a solemn promise from the prof to get it to us by this Friday so that I can do it over break. Well, I can't say that working on epi over break was really my plan, but if I can just get it done before we start up with neuro block the week after next, I'll be satisfied.

It looks like we're going to be in for some cooler weather for the rest of this week. Even though it's only September, the lows tomorrow and Wednesday are going to be in the 50s or maybe even the high 40s. I hope this doesn't mean that we are in for a really freezing winter....

No comments: