Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Anatomy, Clinic, and Anatomy Office Hours

I wound up missing FCM this morning, but it was a really long day anyway. We're covering the hips and thighs now in anatomy lab. It is still ridiculously intense, but somehow it wasn't as bad today as last week. I think that part of it is that there are a lot of parallel structures in the arms and thighs. Not that they're identical, and there are a ton of new names of nerves, bones, muscles, and joints to learn. But at least now the organization of the limbs seems kind of familiar to me.

During lunch, I made myself a cheat sheet of all the tests for the cranial nerves. That was really helpful when I went into clinic. I only had two patients today, and I took the cheat sheet into the room with me so that I'd remember which test to use for which cranial nerve. I still missed a few, but it worked out pretty well overall. I got out of clinic really early, so I went to anatomy office hours. For a while, I was the only person there, and then one of my classmates came. I went over the cadavers with the anatomy assistant once, and then we went over them a second time with my classmate. I am feeling a lot more comfortable with thigh anatomy now, but I still have a hard time remembering which nerves innervate each muscle.

No comments: