Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Metabolism PSS and Proposal Draft

Our PSS today covered glycolysis and the Krebs cycle. There was a section on the regulation of glycolysis that we were not assigned to read, but some of the answers for the problem set came from it. So I went and read it this evening, because these regulation issues are pretty complex and we had some trouble hashing them out as a group. I wish the coursemasters would assign us to read EVERYTHING that we are supposed to learn, and not only about half of it. The thing is, they don't let us see the problem sets before we get to class, so we don't have any way of knowing what they are going to ask us about until after the fact. Today's PSS was more hectic than usual, and we had to really struggle to finish on time too. But I do feel like I understand what's going on a little more now.

I've been working on the draft of my proposal for lab, and I'm about half done with it. I'm hoping to finish it by Friday afternoon so that I can ask my preceptor to look at it over the weekend, and I'll have lots of time to make whatever corrections I have to make. Once I'm finished with the final draft, the only thing I have left to do for the lab is to make the powerpoint slides for my presentation.

No comments: