Friday, September 01, 2006

Last Day of Molecular Biology

Today our PSS focused on signaling and regulation of transcription again. After today, we are going to be moving on to biochemistry and covering the metabolic pathways. We've had a couple of readings already from our biochem book when we covered proteins and receptor-mediated endocytosis. But for the most part, we've generally been focusing on molecular cell biology up to this point. One of the upperclassmen recommended to me that I buy Lippencott's Biochemistry and read that. I think I am going to go ahead and do it, because our textbook is pretty dense. For those of you who were wondering about the difference between med school and college coursework pacing, well, here you go. In college, you spend a couple of months covering all of this metabolism stuff. We're going to do it now in a couple of weeks. There is a very good reason why they make biochem a pre-req to come to CCLCM!

I am very glad that we have a three day weekend this week. I need to spend some time writing up my research proposal. It's due the week after next, and I'll write more about it next week. We have two more weeks of actual class to go now, and then the last week will be our research presentations and orientation for the first organ block to start the first week of October. Time is really flying by. I can't believe that I've been in medical school for two months already. Nearly everyone at every medical school has started by now, but orientation seems like a very long time ago to me at this point.

One other thing: the first CCLCM interview invites apparently went out today. So if you got one, congrats. :-)

No comments: