Friday, September 08, 2006

Finished with My Rough Draft

Today our PSS covered gluconeogenesis and glycogenesis. Could they have made the terms glycogenesis versus glycogenolysis versus glycolysis any more similar and easy to mix up? We were trying to figure out which pathways were turned on and which were turned off in various tissues under different dietary conditions, and the hardest part of it was saying the pathway that you actually mean.

I finally finished with my proposal rough draft today. It is about four pages long, but I think I will wind up adding more to it after my preceptor has a chance to read it. I don't know why, but somehow writing it has been kind of torturous. You would think that churning out a 4-6 page paper would be a piece of cake, but somehow I have just not been feeling very motivated to do it. At least now I have something to work with. Editing papers is always easier than writing them from scratch.

The weather here has been gorgeous all week: sunny, seventies during the day and sixties at night. The grad student I'm working with and I went and ate lunch outside today. I know this isn't going to last, but I'm sure going to enjoy it while it does.

No comments: