Thursday, August 10, 2006

PSS Evaluations

We are now finishing our fourth week, and that means that it's time to start evaluating our PSS group members. The way it works is that you log into the CCLCM portal, and you have the option to fill out assessments on the other students. Since this is our first time doing this, we are only evaluating one competency, and that is professionalism. Basically, we are supposed to look at whether our group members come to class prepared, how they interact with other group members, etc. We are also supposed to make suggestions as to how they can improve their professionalism in the group setting. It's actually pretty challenging to write the evaluations, because we are also supposed to give specific examples. It's not like I've been taking notes all month long or anything about all of my group members, so I'm basically having to do this from memory. Some of my classmates are taking the "less is more" philosophy about filling them out, but I can't help but think about the fact that what I write is going into someone else's permanent record, and their PA is also going to see it.

We are also going to get evaluated by our PSS facilitator within the next week or two. I assume it will be on the same competency, although I'm not sure. I should know more soon.

No comments: