Monday, July 31, 2006

Proteins and Little Italy

We had a PSS today, and this week we are covering proteins. Today's PSS focused on how protein function is related to protein structure. Again, this was a topic that most of us already were familiar with, and the questions weren't too tough, so the PSS went smoothly. Afterward, I went to the lab and spent some time learning about one of the instruments and trying to figure out what I was going to do tomorrow. The graduate student who is helping me wasn't there today, so hopefully I'll get to do more tomorrow.

This evening, I went to Little Italy for dinner with a friend. I haven't told you about Little Italy yet. It's this really neat area right next to the Case campus where there are a bunch of Italian restaurants, cafes, stores, and apartments. A lot of the Case students live in Little Italy because they can walk to school from there. The Feast of the Assumption is coming up, and there were signs about it everywhere. I really like just walking around Little Italy and seeing everything there, but it wasn't a great day to be outside today. The last few days have been very hot and humid here in Cleveland. Our heat index hit 100 today, and it's supposed to be really hot tomorrow, too. Hopefully things will get back to normal by the end of the week.

No comments: