Saturday, July 15, 2006

Finally, a Day Off!

Today I actually got to sleep in past 6 AM, although it wasn't an easy thing to do; I was basically wide awake by 7 AM. Apparently I am already accustomed now to getting up early. It hasn't been as difficult to adjust to that as I thought it would be.

Since tomorrow will be busy, I've spent a few hours today working on the assigned reading for Monday's seminar. I'm about halfway done with that. This whole section is a review of the eukaryotic membrane-bound organelles, which I already know well. But I am certainly not going to complain if we start a little slow! I've also managed to complete four of the six safety training modules. They are so mind-numbingly boring that I don't think I can do any more today. The good thing is that, unlike the HIPAA modules, the safety modules give you the info to read first, and THEN ask you questions. That seems like a sensible way to present them, right? But the HIPAA modules give you quiz questions first, and then present the information afterward. The thing that annoys me the most about that is that after I missed some of the questions on the HIPAA modules, the program suggests re-reviewing the material. Re-reviewing???? I missed those questions because I had yet to do any reviewing in the first place! Needless to say, I did not take the program's suggestion.

Tonight, some of the M3s are having a party, and all of the classes are invited. There are only 95 of us total in all of CCLCM, so that isn't as bad as it sounds. I've also been invited to attend a wine-tasting by some outside friends, and I think that's what I'll probably do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have had an amazing week! Congrats! I look forward to following along! Way to go!