Monday, February 26, 2007

First Day of GI Block

I am still not feeling totally back to normal, but at least I have started eating solid food a little bit again. We had anatomy lab first thing this morning, and I wasn't sure how well I would take standing around looking at bowels for two hours. But I got through it all right, and the smell didn't really bother me. (You probably won't be surprised to hear that the abdomen is a pretty stinky part of the body.)

We are in new PBL groups now, but half of my group members were in my group last time. Two other people were in my group from last summer. I'm not really sure how the powers-that-be decide how to divvy up the groups, but it's definitely not totally random. There are some people in my class that I never work with all year long, and others that I will work with for two or even three blocks. We have a new tutor too. I can already tell that this tutor will not be as laid back as our last one was. Our case is an interesting one though. My learning objective is about the pharmacology of drugs to control gastric reflux. This week I am the board scribe.

Since I'm still not feeling too great, I'm going home early today. I'm going to have a late day tomorrow because I have clinic.

No comments: