Thursday, October 26, 2006

Study Day

No classes today, so I spent most of the day reading and studying. The weather was pretty gross, the usual for Cleveland, but I still went to the gym for a short workout. I also got caught up with some of my reading. I'm very happy to say that I'm finished now with the entire chest chapter in the anatomy book. Next week we are going on to the neck, but before I start reading that section, I'm going back to read about the nerves. Dr. Drake had given us a presentation about them a couple of weeks ago, but we haven't covered them yet in lab as thoroughly as the presentation did. I don't feel like I understand the nervous system very well still. I also did quite a bit of reading in physiology. I think the most interesting thing I learned today is that diffusion of water is not the same thing as osmosis of water. Diffusion is based on concentration differences. Osmosis is a colligative property based on pressure differences, and it's a lot faster than diffusion. The only other major accomplishments for today are that I got all of my laundry done and I finished preparing my objective for PBL tomorrow. I know I've said this before, but it really amazes me how much more work I get done whenever I have a day off.

No comments: